Print out order form here!
For credit card orders, you can submit your payment through PayPal. Including PayPal service charge, tables are $329.87 each and individual tickets are $46.65 each. Pay here.
PRICES INCREASE AFTER 4/17!! NO TICKETS SOLD AFTER 4/22!!
If you submit through PayPal, we will contact you to complete your ticket/table reservation using the information you provide.
Welcome back to a new school year at BCS! I am happy to be taking over the PTA President position and we have many exciting things planned. Last year the PTA had a great year, we accomplished a lot! Here are a few highlights:
- New shade umbrellas for the BCS Playground
- Career Day for grades 6-8
- K-8 Variety Show Production
- Walk – a – Thon for K-8, last year we were able to purchase much needed individual classroom libraries with the money raised!
- Book Club (run by Heather Warner)
- Spelling Team activities
- Tuition assistance for Bolton students who qualified for the National Invention Convention held in Dearborn, Michigan
- World Language area events such as the field trips for 7th & 8th grade to LaBrioche Bakery, Flamenco dancing presentations, and the annual Margarita’s field trip for 7th grade Spanish students; chinchilla visit (from the Lutz Museum) for South American studies, French Intern visit from Yale for French students in all applicable grades, Mexi-can Artist visit for all Spanish students in all grades
- Traveling Programs from The Boston Museum of Science (2nd and 3rd grades)
As I mentioned we have many things planned for this year. You can find them in the PTA Calendar of events that was sent home with your students. You can also find it on our Facebook page here. Our open meetings are the first Monday of every other month starting on October 1st held in the BCS library at 7:00 pm. Our first meeting of the year will feature an update from Principal Giard. I look forward to seeing you all there.
One thing that is of great importance is finding 2 new volunteers to help run our annual Scholastic Book Fair. If you are interested please email me at email@example.com.
As always, feel free to reach out to myself or any of the other PTA board members with any questions or concerns. We welcome all feedback!
Elise Marx (Formally Segar)
PTA Meeting Minutes
October 2, 2017
- Jessica Szafran, Darryl Giard, Sarah Malinoski – balanced literacy
- Whole group – teacher directed with teacher chosen text
- Small group (guided reading, literature circles and book clubs)- each group has a shared experience based on skills, strategies, and/or interests.
- Personalized – independent reading, students access information based on individual skills and interests around a common topic or theme – the materials that we need for this are classroom libraries. We need to get these books onto the shelves – The Walk a thon funds will go towards developing these libraries. Please encourage all to participate in this fundraiser
- Darryl Giard
- Very successful Start to the school year.
- New scheduling tool – Powerschool
- PBIS assemblies
- Middle School – had Looking in Theatre
- Elementary School – Staff dance
- Open Houses were very well attended
- Had bus safety
- Sports are underway
- Encourage students every day at lunch waves to participate in the Walk-a-thon.
- Board of Education
III. Reports of Standing Committees
. Walk-a-thon – October 19th
- We have raised over $3000 so far. 119 students have registered and we need your help to get kids registered. The more kids that register the more money we will receive. All kids will participate in the walk a thon.
- Parents/friends can all come and participate to walk with their students. There will be a registration table on the day of the event.
- Career Day – Chris Davey – 2nd Friday in May
In November we will have a planning meeting if you are interested in helping please contact Chris Davey
- 2nd Grade will have the Boston Science Museum traveling Museum coming next month
- Dairy Queen Fundraiser – November 15th 10% of profits will go to our school. 6-8pm.
- Square One Art will be completed and sent home for orders next week
- No Cost Ways to Support the PTA flyers went home
- See handout
- New Business
. New Policy Update – No Latex on school property
- Playground – need woodchips we are waiting to hear back on some quotes
- Cristina Tiu puts to a vote that we purchase new woodchips Jan Carlow seconds that motion. The motion passes.
- Wendy Pagani wanted to thank the PTA for the new shades out on the playground.
- Chris Davey asked about a candidate forum hosted by the PTA – we have done this in the past and it was not well attended.
- Next PTA Meeting – December 4th the guest speaker will be Stephanie Knecht – Lice Clinics of America – Educate and dispel the myths of lice.
- Meeting adjourned 7:08 pm
The PTA holds general meetings every other month. They are scheduled on the following dates:
All meetings will start at 6:30 in the BCS Library. We look forward to see you all there.
Welcome back! I hope you all had a fun filled summer. It’s hard to believe that another school year is upon us.
My name is Lauren Marx and I am honored, as well as excited to serve as your PTA president for the 2017-2018 school year.
On behalf of the Bolton PTA I wish to welcome back our returning teachers, staff, administrators, students, and parents. I would also like to extend a welcome to any new teachers, students and parents. The Bolton PTA works very closely with the school to make sure your child has a well-rounded education. Our fundraisers ensure that your child gets to have some great extra experiences at school such as Fall Walk-a-thon, Author visits, traveling museum visits, Artist visits and more.
The PTA continues to focus on improved communications with parents. We look forward to a successful 2017-2018 school year.
Lauren Marx, PTA President
The PTA holds general meetings ever other month. They are scheduled on the following dates:
All meetings start at 6:30 in the BCS Library
My name is Christina Morra-Tiu and I am the President of the PTA. I would like to welcome back all our Bolton families. It is another exciting school year and the PTA is working on bringing some exciting new programs to our school. We are also working on new fund raisers. In case you didn’t know, the reason why we fund raise is to help bring Enrichment programs to our school such as author visits, reading programs and science programs from the Boston Museum of Science. We hope your children have a great school year and enjoy all the school has to offer.
If you are interested in volunteering or helping out the PTA in any way please feel free to email me at
As another school year comes to an end the PTA is looking for 5 new parents to volunteer to take on Board positions. The PTA needs a new President, Vice President, Treasurer and 2 Co-Chairs for our Ways and Means committee. President and V.P. are two year terms and Treasurer is a 2 year term with the option of staying in that position year to year. The PTA can’t run without these important positions being filled. If you are interested please email the Bolton PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Morra-Tiu, PTA President
Hard to believe that summer is almost over and it is time to send the little ones back to school (secret happy dance). On behalf of the Bolton PTA I wish to welcome back our returning teachers, staff, administrators, students, and parents. I would also like to extend a welcome to any new teachers, students and parents. The Bolton PTA works very closely with the school to make sure your child has a well rounded education. Our fundraisers ensure that your child gets to have some great extra experiences at school such as Author visits, traveling museum visits, Artist visits and more. Our first Author visit of the school year is Nick Bruel who writes and illustrates the Bad Kitty series.
Another way to help the PTA is to volunteer some of your time. Volunteer opportunities include: Career Day, Read a Thon, Ice Cream Social, Book Fair, Camp Fair, Variety Show, No Kid Hungry, distribution of fundraiser orders, and Holiday Shoppe. Please email the Bolton PTA at email@example.com if you are interested or have any questions.
Christina Morra-Tiu, PTA President
Thank you to everyone who helped in yesterday’s budget referendum and who voted. The budget has passed by a narrow vote of 15. The Board of Education will meet on June 3rd to hear the superintendent’s recommendations on where the cuts should be made.